Yard Person- Van Monster
up to £19,800 pa
Role: Yard Person
Location: Van Monster, Dartford
Salary: up to £19,800 plus benefits
This is a great opportunity to join one of the UK’s leading van retail and rental specialists as a Yard Person at our busy site in Dartford.
As Yard Person, you are often the face of Van Monster for our customers and play an integral role in enabling us to consistently provide the first-class experience they demand. Part of a busy branch team, you will work closely with retail, while ensuring vans are fully cleaned on arrival and keeping the site is clean, safe and secure at all times . Also delivering vehicles in busy periods.
Van Monster has built a reputation for quality and has grown to become one of the largest used commercial vehicle retailers in the UK, with around 1,000 commercial vehicles in stock at any time, many of which are low mileage vehicles less than three years in age.
We are the experts when it comes to providing used commercial vehicles and cars with a great aftersales service to support you. We are not affiliated to any single dealer or manufacturer, so we can offer truly outstanding prices. The range of vehicles on offer across our Van Monster network includes used vans such as VW Caddy - Transporters, Peugeot Partners, Vauxhall Vivvaro, Mercedes Sprinters – Vito’s and Ford Transits and Transit Connect, Custom, Our used vans come from a range of leading manufacturers too, including Ford, Mercedes-Benz, Volkswagen, Peugeot, Mitsubishi and Vauxhall at a wide range of prices to suit every budget.
The little things make a big difference as a Yard Person; a warm, friendly approach, taking the time to explain the vehicle and documents or answering queries in a helpful and positive way. We expect you to treat our Retail vehicles as you would your own and your eye for detail plays a integral part of the business.
• You come from a fast-paced, customer-focused background – the industry is not important but where you excel is in quickly understanding what matters to your customers.
• You are a people person – you put yourself in your customer’s shoes and communicate well with them in sometimes-difficult situations.
• You are a confident, courteous driver with good knowledge of the local area – ideally, you have some previous driving experience in your career, especially if you regularly used ‘Transit’ sized (or larger) vehicles.
• You get involved in every part of our business – you take pride being part of the Northgate/VanMonster team and are keen to help colleagues with a hands-on, can-do approach to getting things done.
• You are enthusiastic about our business – as Yard Person we expect you to make a great first impression and deliver an exceptional experience every time.
As Yardman, we offer:
• A full-time permanent role, with a great salary.
• Additional employee benefits (including employee assistance, pension, retailer discounts etc.)
• A proven induction-training plan to help you get to grips with how we do things, with help from experienced colleagues and on-going support from your manager.
• The opportunity to work with a broad range of businesses and world-renowned automotive brands including Ford, Mercedes and Vauxhall.
Be part of the future of vehicle rental
If you would love to join our amazing team in Dartford as a Yardperson, we encourage you to find out more. Apply today