Group Financial Accountant
Group Financial Accountant
Flexible location: Darlington
Salary: circa £50k, plus car allowance and bonus
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our vibrant, evolving business as a Group Financial Accountant. Reporting to the Group Financial Controller, this role supports and develops the Group’s treasury, financial reporting and planning processes. Ownership of the Group’s treasury activities including managing compliance with Group debt facilities, group cash flow reporting and forecasting. Other areas of focus will be assisting with the Group’s financial reporting requirements, subsidiary statutory accounts, the PLC Head Office books, the annual budgeting process and tax related activities.
Redde Northgate plc is a leading integrated mobility solutions business, providing mobility solutions and automotive services to businesses and customers spanning the vehicle life cycle across vehicle supply, service, maintenance, repair, recovery, accident and incident management and disposal through sale or salvage.
Main duties and responsibilities
• Primary lead in maintaining daily cash requirements of the Group, managing Group debt facilities and compliance with Group treasury policy.
• Cash flow reporting and forecasting, including pro-active management of the adherence with banking covenants and identifying external requirements for the Group.
• Responsible for managing compliance with Group treasury policy including manging foreign exchange exposure, interest rate and credit risk, including the use of hedging instruments.
• Responsible for managing the financing of the Group’s subsidiaries through the Group’s overseas treasury structure.
• Maintaining the accounting records of the head office entities, including technical accounting in areas such as share based payments and financial instruments.
• Assisting with annual budgeting and quarterly forecasting processes and ensuring forecasting accuracy of corporate costs and treasury related items.
• Managing relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including the Group’s banks, professional advisors and auditors.
• Assisting on the completion of the Group’s PLC filing requirements including half year and year-end financial statements, including compliance with applicable standards and regulations.
• Preparation of UK and Ireland statutory accounts for subsidiaries of the Group.
• Preparation of quarterly VAT returns for head office companies.
• Assisting with tax compliance covering the UK subsidiaries.
• Ad hoc finance and operational related projects, including integration of the finance team across the Group, financial reporting software implementations, M&A and equity raising activities as appropriate.
• Professional qualification (ACA, ACCA or equivalent)
• High level of technical accounting experience (IFRS and UK GAAP)
• IT literate (in particular Excel), including experience of financial reporting systems, business planning and budgeting processes
• Strong organisational and project management skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines on multiple projects
• A good working knowledge of tax is required.
As a Group Financial Accountant, we offer:
• A competitive starting salary
• Additional employee benefits (such as a generous car allowance, bonus, and share save scheme)
• In business-as-usual times a sociable office-based role with the option to work for home.
• A proven induction plan to help you get to grips with how we do things, with help from experienced colleagues and on-going support from your manager.
Be part of our future
If you would love to join our friendly Finance team as a Group Financial Accountant, we encourage you to apply today!