New Business Manager
From £30k, OTE £50k
Job Title: New Business Manager
Salary: from £30k basic, plus car/car allowance, OTE £50k
Working hours: Mon-Fri 8am - 5.30pm
This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the UK’s foremost vehicle rental specialists as a New Business Manager, promoting ‘usership over ownership’ to maximise sales opportunities within your own territory.
What does a New Business Manager do?
We understand that for most businesses their commercial vehicles are mission critical - if they are not on the road, they are not earning money. By doing things differently, we have gained a reputation for being at the forefront of the Light Commercial Vehicle sector and see clear opportunities to introduce our innovative vehicle solutions to new clients in the marketplace.
Every van on the road is a potential route to market and, as a New Business Manager, we will be looking to you to open doors within businesses of all shapes and sizes. This is very much a 'hands-on’ role and we expect you to be out in the field focusing on fleets of up to 500 vehicles, generating your own leads and engaging with potential clients from every corner of your region.
To be successful, you will build a detailed picture of your local marketplace - targeting businesses to get a great understanding of their objectives to identify new opportunities, showcasing our cutting-edge vehicle and support services, our hugely talented people and our exceptional focus on adding-value to our partners’ business.
With a closely-knit, centralised support hub helping you prepare carefully designed solutions and tailored proposals for your clients you can focus on what you are good at - developing your pipeline, bringing to life the Northgate experience and making us the partner of choice in your territory.
• Firstly, you prosper in B2B new business roles with significant success in generating new accounts - this is not an account management role, they are relying on you to create new opportunities through self-sourced, decision-maker conversations (e.g. recruitment or advertising/media sales).
• You have a resourceful and tenacious approach to building your pipeline - you have a well-developed toolkit of lead-generation approaches and thrive putting in the hard yards researching, cold calling, prospecting, door knocking and vehicle spotting to identify the most exciting leads.
• You understand that one-size does not fit all - you can develop personalised, multi-product/service offerings including preparing proposal and implementation documentation to deliver the perfect solution to clients.
• You take pride in being an ambassador for your brand - as a New Business Manager; you are a credible and assured networker able to build effective and profitable relationships with key stakeholders.
• Preferably, an understanding of the light commercial market or contract hire sectors - while it is a useful starting point for a New Business Manager to know what we do and our marketplace, it’s much more important to us to see your ability to take responsibility for your own performance and your desire to be successful.
As New Business Manager, we offer
• A rewarding starting salary from c.£30k pa plus exceptional bonus structure (realistic OTE £50k+ pa)
• Great additional employee benefits (including company car, employee assistance, life assurance, pension, retailer discounts etc.)
• An opportunity to join a business at the forefront of its marketplace working with a supportive, like-minded peer group all aiming for the same goal.
• A clear career development pathway and our commitment to supporting your professional development.
Be part of the future of vehicle rental
If you would love to join us as a New Business Manager, we encourage you to apply today.